Vision and Intent
- At Chalkhill Primary School, we aim to provide children an access to enriching, diverse and creative curriculum that balance all the aspects of computing. Technology has revolutionised the way we live, study and work.
- Our intent is that pupils build and excel their knowledge and understanding of computer science in which pupils are introduced to a wide range of technology. This enables them to understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation. They have opportunities to analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems.
- To ensure that Remote Learning Platforms are established so that should the need arise children can access education remotely on Online Learning platforms
- We provide a high-quality computing education that equips pupils to become digitally literate so that they are able to express themselves and develop their ideas through information and computer technology, allow them to continually practice and improve the skills they learn so that they become creative users of computing technology suitable for the future workplace.
- Computing has deep links with other subject areas too mathematics, science, engineering and design and technology, and provides insights into both natural and artificial systems. It is a subject that is ever evolving hence it is vital that pupils develop skills and inquisitiveness to become life- long learners taking responsibility of their own learning.
- Chalkhill Primary School takes internet safety extremely seriously. Our curriculum therefore places equal emphasis on teaching ‘Online Safety’ in line with the expectations of Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020 (KCSIE 2020) and guidance on safeguarding and remote education during coronavirus.
- We have an E- Safety Policy as well as Remote Learning Policy that provides guidance for teachers and pupils about how to use the internet and Online Platforms safely. We not only want our pupils to be competent, confident and creative users of technology but also safe and responsible digital citizens who can apply the British Values of democracy, tolerance, mutual respect, rule of law and liberty.